Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Baby Luke!

This weekend, Luke was wiped out from playing up in Island Park so he fell asleep at 8 p.m. one night, which was early for him. Needless to say, he was up at 5 a.m. ready to watch Dora. He was SO cute though. For those of you who noticed, this weekend the moon was HUGE! It happened to be shining in right on us. I pointed it out to him hoping to distract him from his addiction of cartoons and we had the sweetest conversation. Funny how while everyone was asleep and he knew he was up early, things seemed to make sense to him. He pointed out that maybe when everyone woke up he COULD watch Dora. He also insisted on using the toilet rather than potty in his diaper. Funny....as everyone was up that morning using his diaper was a must! So after we finished using the toilet, I headed down to start a movie and get him a sippy and of course he fell back asleep. Now to the whole reason for this story....As we were making breakfast and Luke was hopping around playing, I looked at him and said "I sure LOVE my baby!" And so sweetly and with the cheesiest smile he replied "and YOU make me SO happy mom!"

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a sweet guy! I love those quiet one-on-one moments with kids at times when you least expect them.

Sam and Ash said...

Love those kids!!!!!!!! :> The Wii fit was my secret motivation behind buying the Wii - don't tell. Although, my arms are QUITE sore from tennis on the thing! SAD!!!!!! :>