Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, May 10, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY 2010

Happy Mother's Day to ME! The kids and Trevor let me sleep in until 10:30 a.m. I quickly awoke to the smell of BACON (Trevor knows I LOVE the smell of bacon! ;-)...NOT). I walked out to see the table beautifully dressed with Spring colors, cards, and presents. Trevor made cinnamon rolls, eggs, and bacon. The kids each made me cards that were PRICELESS. My hubby is VERY observant and happened to purchase two books that he saw me "eying" weeks ago along with a couple of other things. He found a card that perfectly seems to fit us...how does he do it?! I am a LUCKY girl! ;-) We rested for a while and then he cooked a FABULOUS lunch with Thai kabobs (both beef and chicken) with red and yellow peppers and onions. We also had coconut curry rice and grilled cheesy garlic bread. The kids had been wanting artichoke hearts for a while, so we also had those. They were delicious! Can you believe the kids, well Lys and Jake, both ate a WHOLE artichoke! YUM!

We spent the evening visiting my mom and dad. She had yummy strawberry shortcake. Trevor and I shared.....and then shared another. THAT is what husband's are for! ;-)

The kids, Jim, Trevor, and grandpa were all out playing ball. A couple were playing volleyball, Jake and Trevor were throwing the football, and Sage and her dad were practicing her pitching. Trevor mentioned that it seemed all of these balls flying around were "an accident waiting to happen." Not five minutes later, he heard his name yelled and unfortunately turned to look, and caught Sage's speed ball right in his eye. The kids were near tears. Luckily, it is just a GOOD OL' Shiner!!! We couldn't decide whether he should tell people he forgot Mother's Day...or I just didn't like what he got me. I didn't think that was too funny. I'm sure he'll intimidate a few in court a little more than usual. Of course this week he has MORE court than usual. Oh well...why not add to his effect. We are all so glad it was not worse. Chelese pointed out at least it was HIM and not one of the babies. So true...not sure if it made him feel better though. ;-) Love you babe! I had a FABULOUS Mother's Day!

No comments: